The Doyle Group is an experienced IT Placement and IT Consulting firm headquartered in Denver, CO. Our mission is to partner with our clients who seek strategic talent and to assist those candidates looking for their next career opportunity. With over 30 years’ experience in the field, we approach each partnership with a commitment to our clients to identify the right fit and to deliver world class candidate experience throughout the recruiting lifecycle. We look forward to working with you.
A Fortune 500 Company in Colorado, our client is seeking an experienced Sr. Project Manager. This is a full-time role, local to Denver, and will require 1 day a week in the office.
This role manages cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs on time, within budget, and with quality results. Senior Project Managers plan, organize, monitor, and oversee two or more projects to meet project objectives. They work closely with the Executive Sponsor and PMO to guide efforts toward achieving intended business results. The complexity of their projects is proportionally higher than the projects managed by their junior Project Manager colleagues. Senior Project Managers have primary responsibility for defining scope, planning, tracking and managing the project, for identifying resource requirements and providing the direction they require in order to meet project objectives. They also ensure appropriate management, stakeholder and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project.
Responsibilities & Objectives
• Determine project goals and priorities with management, including the Executive Sponsor.
• Manage relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients and vendors, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all requirements and deliverables.
• Ensure the implementation of project management standards and processes, in accordance with the expectations of quality of the PMO.
• Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project objectives,and motivate the team to achieve them; create an environment that enables peak performance by team members.
• Communicate project status, risks, issues, scope, and priorities to appropriate managers, stakeholders, and project team members in a timely fashion.
• Track and report on progress to plan, cost and schedule reporting, and change control.
• Host or attend meetings and phone/video conferences as necessary.
• Provide routine updates to cost plan and resource requirement forecasts.
• Support requirements of the project stakeholders to provide necessary information and support for successful project delivery.
• Lead, plan, schedule, track, and manage project deliverables, goals, and milestones; adjust project plans and/or resources to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Negotiate the completion of activities with team members and their managers if operating in a matrix environment.
• Prepare project plan and schedule and obtain management approval.
• Identify and analyze risks, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigating action. Oversee activities of risk management. Gather stakeholder input and rank top project / project risks in terms of impact, probability, overall severity, and priority.
• Analyze the actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
• Arbitrate and resolve conflicts and problems within the project.
• Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
• Ensures project plans and all project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
• Keeps track of lessons learned during the life of the project and facilitates a discussion/review at the end of project as part of closing the project out.
• Manage vendor relations and procurement related to the project to include the review, tracking, routing, and completion of proposals, quotes, contracts, statements of work, and invoices.
Skills & Experience
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear, concise, and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers, and staff.
• Ability to build teams and generate a spirit of cooperation while coordinating diverse activities and groups; people management and negotiating skills within a team environment.
• Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
• A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the company.
• Strategic, conceptual analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
• Presentation and written communication skills.
• Ability to advise on complex matters to non-specialists; ability to communicate effectively with senior management Technical Skills • Extensive knowledge of project management methodology and demonstrated competency in project management processes, including planning tasks and allocating resources, risk management, issues management, time management, financial management, HR management, working in teams, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documentation and record keeping.
• Familiarity with basic IT concepts such as network connectivity, firewalls, and data centers
• Budget management skills; Ability to analyze and review contract terms and related budgetary information to determine the impact on a project is required.
• Proficiency required in MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook Other • Strong knowledge of overall organizational structure and department interdependencies, especially the business areas impacted by the project goals and objectives.
• Personal integrity and courage to escalate issues about the project to management when necessary and to advocate for responsible solutions to project problems.
• Willingness to travel 5% with periodic increased spikes of travel up to 10% in response to changing business activity.
Preferred Experience: Oracle Hyperion Upgrade and migration from on-prem to Hyperion Cloud.
$55.00 – $90.00 per hours and is dependent on experience
Final compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. This role also offers a competitive rewards package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage and other benefits.