Manager of Property Technology
The Doyle Group is currently working with a hospitality organization to help find a Manager of Property Technology. The Manager of Property Technology will bring proactive project and vendor management experience in the hospitality sector to maintain and improve hotels and restaurants.
The primary responsibilities of the team include project management services for major IT projects, act as escalation point for critical issues, develop annual IT budgets for capital projects, and ensure the hotels and restaurants adhere to hotel brand standards.
The Manager of Property Technology is tasked with providing the above scope of services to a select set of our client hotels and restaurants in addition to supporting specific initiatives of the Property Technology group. This individual is responsible for proactive oversite of multiple hospitality IT environments, technical communication with vendors, and non-technical communication with home office and hotel leadership, as well as hotel owners.
- Initiate new projects, build complete project plans, and execution of projects.
- Identify potential pitfalls, manage change process, and create contingency plans
- Maintain communication with project stakeholders throughout project lifecycle via proposals, reports, and presentations
- Maintain relationships with key vendor contacts, understand vendor service and escalation methodology, and continuously evaluate new vendors and solutions
- Ensure vendors meet project timelines and SLAs and take accountability
- Participate in annual Hospitality Information Technology Conference (HITEC)
- Develop and submit annual capex budgets for hotel projects, including contingency planning
- Field questions from hotel owners and other key stakeholders regarding capex requirements.
Support hotel IT needs as necessary
- Develop five-year business forecasts to account for standard hardware lifecycles and necessary equipment refreshes
- Develop and Maintain Process and support Documents
- Maintain a working knowledge of Brand IT requirements and update stakeholders accordingly
- Ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical IT stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Understand and implement brand standards defined by Marriott, Hilton, IHG, and other hotel flags
- High touch, proactive customer service mentality
- Maintain supportable, organized, and documented IT environments
- Ability to learn and deploy new technologies quickly and adapt technical solutions to changing business needs
- Occasional after-hours and weekend support and travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent hearing required for telephone inquiries and client and associate handling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bending/kneeling – repeated bending and kneeling required while filing, Mobility – must be able to reach all areas of hotel and building locations to assist clients.
- Exerting 10-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds force constantly to move objects.
- Requires sitting most of the time, but does entail walking, standing, and carrying of up to 15 pounds short distances.
- Requires a significant amount of repetitive motion for keyboarding.
- 2-3 years’ experience in technology project management, operations, or sales
- 2-3 years’ experience in hospitality with an interest in technology either at a property or corporate environment
- 95% Office environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Eligible to participate in Our client's Bonus Plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Paid FMLA leave for up to a period of 12 weeks
- Employee Assistance Program
- Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.
Salary Range – Min: USD $70,000.00/Yr.
Max: USD $90,000.00/Yr.