Network Engineer (Direct Hire)
Our client, a nationwide real estate investment trust company, is seeking a Network Engineer to join a talented IT Operations and Security team. This company leads all REITs in digitizing their business, creating differentiation through resident-facing applications and services, self-guided apartment home tours, and smart home technology offerings.
The Network Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, support, design, and maintenance of network and security systems, hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
- Install and configure networking hardware, and network-related solutions, for various project and operational needs
- Develop and maintain documentation for installation and configuration procedures, cross training, and on-going support
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the network infrastructure, including automated approaches for admin tasks
- Provide Tier III network support for corporate, data center, and property network issues
- Perform required maintenance and backups
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning initiatives
- Help train lower-level support groups
- Provide project support through the completion of assigned tasks
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a Network Engineering role (this is not an admin-level role, so must be able to perform complex engineering tasks, such as build and configure a network from scratch with no oversight)
- Work experience and broad knowledge of technology products and services, such as: Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime, Cisco ISRs, Cisco ASRs, Cisco Catalyst 4Ks, Nexus 9Ks, ASA, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, EIGRP, DMVPN, AnyConnect, CWS, SourceFire, Cisco ZBFW, ACL’s, PfR, PBR, NetFlow, Flexible NetFlow, IWAN, FireSight Manager, APIC-EM, Meraki, TACACS, Cisco CA, Wireless (Aruba/Meraki/Cisco), PVLAN, VACL, VXLAN, LoadBalancing, WAF, Proxy, Routing, Switching, Firewalling, Perimeter Security, IPS, MM/SM Duplex/Simplex Fiber, etc.
- CCNP or similar certification desired, but not required
- Experience with ServiceNow, Splunk a plus, but not required
- Must currently hold and maintain a valid driver’s license unless otherwise noted
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Information Systems, related field, or equivalent work experience