Junior DevOps Engineer (Direct Hire)
$95k/year and 10% annual bonus
100% remote opportunity for candidates residing in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, MA, MD, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, or WA
Our client, a nationwide real estate investment trust company, is seeking a junior-level DevOps Engineer to join a talented and growing Solutions Delivery team. This company leads all REITs in digitizing their business, creating differentiation through resident-facing applications and services, self-guided apartment home tours, and smart home technology offerings.
The Junior DevOps Engineer will support a DevOps team to ensure our client’s in-house developed solutions, and other commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications are functioning at peak performance. You will provide hands-on support in monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, and resolving application issues that drive our client’s business operations.
- Proactively support and maintain patching levels of existing and new applications running on Linux and Windows hosts
- Greater part of responsibility will be in troubleshooting and diagnosis of issues at the OS (Linux), container (Kubernetes), and API traffic (integration layer)
- Review Linux event logs and run Linux commands to ensure Kubernetes pods are running, recent restarts, etc.
- Ensure pipelines are not creating bottlenecks
- Proactively monitor applications – our client is currently using AppDynamics and Splunk
- Write scripts to automate repetitive tasks and bug fixes
- Efficiently triage, and working with DevOps team, resolve application issues
- Around three years’ experience working on a support team, including patching applications on Linux servers
- Must be able to troubleshoot Kubernetes issues
- Must be able to troubleshoot API issues
- Must have scripting experience, preferably Python, PowerShell and Perl
- Experience with an application monitoring tool preferred
- Experience with MS SQL preferred