IT Infrastructure Project Manager
Doyle Group is an experienced IT Placement and IT Consulting firm headquartered in Denver, CO. Our mission is to partner with our clients who seek strategic talent and to assist those candidates looking for their next career opportunity. With over 30 years’ experience in the field, we feel that our value add is our commitment to our clients and our passion to make the recruiting experience a positive one. We look forward to working with you.
The Doyle Group is currently supporting a client of ours in the Denver Metro Area on a Senior IT Infrastructure Project Manager to oversee complex projects including a large AWS Cloud Migration. The identified consultant will manage the tactical aspects of large engagements and mitigate any risk. This includes reviewing and managing high-level deliverables within and across business units, performing project reviews and ensuring project management best practices take place for all engagements. Works closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective business solutions for our client.
They will also be tasked with planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to defined timelines and within the allocated budget. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that business and end users are consulted with and valued throughout the project lifecycle.
- Use appropriate project management tools, reports, templates, mentoring, training, and coaching to IT project teams.
- Work directly with staff, as well as vendors and, when necessary, other stakeholders in fulfilling and carrying out the requirements of assigned IT projects.
- Utilize project management best practices, including risk management, quality management, change management, change control, and communication.
- Manage by providing leadership, collaboration, supervision, training, guidance, and support to all IT project team members on assigned projects.
- Lead the effort to ensure compliance with the project management policies and standards.
- Coordinates all related activities for cross-functional teams
- Collaborates to develop and appropriately execute a change strategy, including stakeholder analysis, communication plans, and adoption plans.
- Manages relationships across IT, customers and vendors to develop a thorough understanding of core business functions and align projects with overall business objectives.
- Manages issues and proactively escalates critical issues for immediate resolution, effectively demonstrating decision making, issues management, and resolution skills.
- 5+ Years of IT Project Management experience preferably in the infrastructure space
- Experience managing large complex projects
- Experience working closely and providing updates to executive sponsors on a regular basis
- PMP certification
- Experience with cloud, cloud migrations
- Understanding of ITIL preferred
- International experience