The Doyle Group is an experienced IT Placement and IT Consulting firm headquartered in Denver, CO. Our mission is to partner with our clients who seek strategic talent and to assist those candidates looking for their next career opportunity. With over 30 years’ experience in the field, we approach each partnership with a commitment to our clients to identify the right fit and to deliver world class candidate experience throughout the recruiting lifecycle. We look forward to working with you.
- Job Title: GIS Specialist
- Full Time or Part Time: Full Time
- Temporary/Seasonal/Regular: Regular/Non-Exempt
- Benefits Summary: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid parental leave, paid time off, sick time, tuition reimbursement and short-term disability. Training and professional development opportunities, wellness reimbursement, and cell phone allowance
- Travel/Location: Remote with travel up to 25% required.
Mission of Role/Position Summary
This position will support our clients with data updates, creation, quality assurance and analysis of the GIS and other integrated systems. The GIS Specialist will provide general assistance to clients and maintain currency of and compliance with applicable state and federal policies and procedures relating to the public. Individuals in this role will apply advanced GIS concepts towards exceptional client outcomes while focusing on a single line of business and/or highly specialized GIS discipline.
Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Responsible for compiling geographic data to create and edit datasets.
- Develops and maintains information databases as requested.
- Designs or maintains field data collection procedures.
- Works on a variety of GIS initiatives and projects which may include responsibility for budget, schedule, and execution of the related work plan(s).
- Regularly performs quality control audits/review.
- Performs a wide range of geographic and demographic analyses in support of a wide variety of projects.
- Works with and collaborates extensively with design staff and field crews to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Independently coordinates data collection projects and maintains integrity.
- Develops geospatial databases, performing advanced spatial analysis, and developing cartographic products.
- Creates and maintains professional maps and other information products as requested.
- Provides technical support and solutions for client needs.
- Provides regular communication to stakeholders. Attends meetings as needed.
- Translates client initiatives into relevant technical support.
- All other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Prior emergency management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, cartography, surveying, computer science, engineering, or a related field.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- At least 2+ years GIS experience including developing geospatial databases, performing advanced spatial analysis, and developing cartographic products.
- Experience with Dashboards and Survey 123.
- Experience with GIS Dashboard static and real-time mapping and visual for clients.
- Experience creating strategy around using a GIS Hub object for planning.
- Data Modeling and Scripting experience for integration needs (R – preferred, Python-must).
- Skilled in the use of GIS data in the creation of professional maps and other information products.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Agility to adapt, create, and problem solve in a dynamic environment.
- Certified geographic information systems professional (GISP).
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Mobility around client sites.
- Ability to travel and deploy for extended periods to event/client sites as needed.
- May require long hours at a computer.
- Ability to work extended hours in support of disaster operations.
- May work in an office or home environment or be deployed to the field which may require working outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Work may be on-site with clients ex: EOC, hospital, debris sites or local government buildings.
- All AC Disaster Consulting (ACDC) positions are remote work site positions with the home location agreed upon at time of hire.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must pass background check upon offer of employment.
- Eligibility to work in the United States is Required
$28.00 – $43.00 / hour
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. This role also offers a competitive rewards package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage and other benefits.