Data Engineering Manager
The Doyle Group is an experienced IT Placement and IT Consulting firm headquartered in Denver, CO. Our mission is to partner with our clients who seek strategic talent and to assist those candidates looking for their next career opportunity. With over 30 years’ experience in the field, we feel that our value add is our commitment to our clients and our passion to make the recruiting experience a positive one. We look forward to working with you.
Our client, who is in the agriculture space, is looking for a seasoned Data Engineering Manager who will be an integral part of the ongoing cloud integration, analytics and Snowflake data warehouse. You will join forces with the data architects, cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement data-driven solutions that address business challenges. You’ll lead and manage day-to-day operations of the data engineering and data analytics team. You’ll report to and work closely with the Director of Data Governance and Strategy to take our data warehouses and will lead the efforts to embrace the data as a service strategy.
- Designing and developing enterprise level database solutions using Snowflake.
- Taking responsibility for warehousing and data lake data strategies.
- Partnering with data engineers, data scientists, sec ops, and product to help define and implement governance strategies, integration strategies, and data products.
- Contributing using your well cultivated verbal and written communication skills.
- Acquiring new skills, broadening existing skills, and contributing to others through knowledge sharing – we are better together.
- Leading and managing a team of seasoned team of engineers and analysts, providing deep technical guidance, as well as the overall strategic vision
- Lead a collaborative team environment where respect of ideas is highly valued
- Be the passionate data change agent that will influence the adoption of the overall data strategy to the business leaders and teams.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Science, or a related discipline. Some managers may hold degrees in fields like Statistics or Engineering as well.
- You possess quality experience with data architecture and implementing large scale data warehouses and data lakes.
- Hands-on data integration and data pipeline design and development, focusing on ease of use and multi-purpose use of artifacts.
- Experience leading and managing the day-to-day for technical teams
- Experience with Snowflake managed services. You are familiar with best practices and how to implement them.
- Understanding of common database principles, hierarchies, and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience in optimizing complex queries for efficient data retrieval.
- Experience in leading Scrum and Agile development methodologies
- You take ownership of the data under your prevue, and always consider privacy first.
- You work well with competing tasks, and if things change, you pivot quickly and execute smoothly.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of enterprise or related experience.
- Optional but beneficial certifications include AWS Certified Data Analytics – Specialty, Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer, or Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer. Travel is expected on an as needed basis
$160,000 – 180,000k – Depending on Experience
This role also offers a competitive rewards package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage and other benefits.